Darren Sammy expresses rage over racism ll #BlackLivesMatter

The two-time T20 World Cup-winning West Indian captain Darren Sammy revealed that he faced racist taunts during his 2013-14 IPL stints.

Sammy wrote on his Instagram story on Saturday: “Oh so that’s what that meant when they called me and Thisara Perera Kalu in India when we played for Sunrisers. I just thought they were calling me strong black man… I’m more piss now.”

In one of his episodes of 'Patriot Act', he mentioned that the practice of calling a dark person ‘Kalu’ is still in practise in many families in India. He is a strong supporter of the ongoing #BlackLivesMatter campaign which began out of the protests over the death of George Floyd, an African American who was left to die by a white police officer in the USA.

He also tweeted that “@ICC and all the other boards are you guys not seeing what’s happening to ppl like me? Are you not gonna speak against the social injustice against my kind? This is not only about America. This happens every day #BlackLivesMatter now is not the time to be silent. I wanna hear u,”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How much do cricketers get paid for a bat sponsorship?

The unknown record of Younis Khan as a substitute fielder

The only instance of 4 century-partnerships being born in an ODI match