The biggest allegation in the career of Sachin Tendulkar

During the 2001 India-South Africa series, Sachin Tendulkar was booked for ball-tampering in the second Test match at Port Elizabeth by umpire Mike Denness.

BCCI launched a massive protest even threatening to pull out of the series if Denness continued to be the match referee in the next match. ICC was forced to remove Denness and the ban on Tendulkar was also overturned.

“I was shocked because I had always played cricket with integrity and honesty and would never do such a thing”.

“My mistake, which I have no hesitation in owning up to was that I should have informed the on-field umpires under Law 42.3 when I was cleaning the seam, but I’m afraid it did not enter my mind in the intensity of the moment.” were his words regarding the incident.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How much do cricketers get paid for a bat sponsorship?

The unknown record of Younis Khan as a substitute fielder

The only instance of 4 century-partnerships being born in an ODI match